– Being a Jeopardy champion
means something different than I thought it ever would. You know, it’s a great
feeling, never gonna forget it. History 16 – [Alex] Hamster, Daily Double All of it – Who was Jesse James?
– Yes indeed – Ah, 25,000 What is Moorish? – [Alex] Moorish is right. (audience and contestants clap) – [Alex] How much did you risk? (audience gasps) 38,314, a new one day record – My daughter was born
on November 9, 2014, and I said all along I wanted to break Roger Craig’s
one game record and do it, not just do it, but do it
with $110,914, and I did that. That’s the one I’m hanging my hat on. – Only three players, Ken
Jennings, Julia Collins, and Dave Madden have earned more money than James in regular competition games. Can he be stopped? James
– What is the Motley Fool? – [Alex] You got it. James
– What is compote? – [Alex] Good, 460,479, we’ll be back tomorrow, see you then. He already has the top three spots for the most winnings on a single program. You’re gonna add some more money. (audience gasps) You have just set a new one-day record. – [James] I would just
sit and watch the tv with my granny who spoke
only a modicum of English, but she would sit there and watch with me, and I made a promise to her that someday she’d see me on that stage. As an adult I remembered this
promise to her, and I really, was something I’ve wanted
to do for 25 years now. – What will your total be today? Oh, you’re gonna add 50,000
that takes you up to 1,061,554. That is amazing. And your wager substantial? Of course it was 40,784, 101,682 today. – You know my wife was actually the only one in the entire world who thought I could make it this far. She probably overshot honestly
(laughs) her estimate. – Should James win today, he will then be number two in overall regular games won, ranks second only to Ken Jennings. 80,615, and you have
gone over a million six, 1,608,627, and you get
to play again tomorrow. Possibility of a big moment
on our program today, a two million dollar mark. That takes you up to 74,400 and 2,065,535. – I would say I was most
nervous for my first show, and once I was a Jeopardy champion I think everything else was just like “All right, they can’t take
that away from me ever.” – Thank you ladies and gentleman and welcome to another Friday with James. James?
– Who’s Clarence Thomas? – [Alex] Yes
James? – What was Boston?
– [Alex] Yep James
– What was out of the blue? – Yeah, 32 day total of 2,462,216 He is now just $60,000
away from Ken Jennings, but Jay and Emma,
perhaps they’re thinking, “Hey, enough is enough.” – Capital A, 800 – [Alex] Daily Double, well now – You know, I think I gotta
make it a true Daily Double. What is Annapolis?
– [Alex] That’s right. (audience applauds) – [Alex] We have quite a game. A modest one for the first time. That takes him to 24,799. What did you wager? Oh gosh, 20,000, what a pay day, 46,801! (audience applauds) What a game, oh my gosh! We’re gonna say good-bye to James too. We’ll be seeing him again folks. Take care, so long.